In the Middle

Monday, April 17, 2006

6 weeks from today

...will be Memorial Day and I'll be through with this school year. I can't believe it, in some ways, but in others it seems a century away.
David is debating whether to run the half or whole marathon. As of today, it's looking more like a slow whole marathon. Just to keep up his string of them. This would be his seventh here, his 17th or 18th overall. Started the year we were married.
We had a great Easter weekend. A visit with his folks. A pretty drive to and from K-town. Got to hear tales of Uncle Paul's travels to mysterious Japan and Cousin Andrew's life of work and study. He works 30 hours a week and takes 15 hours. We are so proud of him -- the only grandson on that side of the family who actually WORKS in the real world. He's a keeper!
Today I walked 4 miles at Centennial Park. It was a beautiful day and lots of people were out. Saw a former student and a guy from church who runs.
Tomorrow is the big day when I get this cast cut off. I'm so ready. It is hot inside it. I know it's not very hot outside yet, but I'll be glad to get this off before it really gets hot.
Heard about Scott's great lunch Sunday and Todd's long drive and interesting visit. One funny thing that happened to us is that we left our Sunday clothes at home. We just HAD to buy new ones. Dad found things at one of Todd's favs, planetexchange, while I had to go to goody's, but they were all on sale! It worked out for the best.
Time for the crossword. Peas out.

2 Comments:

  • Thank you! Looks like you just started blogging, too.
    It was my radius bone, at the wrist. I have a removable brace now and he recommended a bone scan to check my bone density.
    I teach middle schoolers. Never a dull moment.

    By Blogger Mrs B, at 7:49 PM  

  • Hey Melissa, Tell us more about the arm. I want the whole scoop. Bless your heart! Say, cute photo! Just wondering about that mysterious hand that's draped around your shoulder. Is that an accessory? If so, do you have one for each shoulder? Just curious. Congrats on the new clothes for Easter. Funny! Reminds me of the time when I was in college, caught the plane from Cleveland to Dallas and then on to Abilene. Wasn't until I got to destination that I realized I had forgotten to take my clothes out of the dryer before I left home -- happened it was all of my "delicates" - all that I owned (then probably about 5 sets). As I recall, I wore my swimming suit for a while under my clothes until Mom could mail them. Anyway, glad you didn't have to wear Your swimmers Sunday. (Might get chilly, is what I mean). Love, ee

    By Blogger Eileen, at 11:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home