In the Middle

Thursday, April 27, 2006

Therapeutic Thursday

Ah, yes! Nothing like a little anticipation of the weekend to make this day go by a little faster. My new best friend is my physical therapist, Andy. He is making my wrist do things it forgot how to do. He warms it, stretches it, and pulls it. Then, today he attached some electrodes and shocked it for a while. It actually feels great right now! I don't have the range of motion that I did before the injury, but it feels "looser" and more moveable. (I'm sure there's a more scientific term for that.) He seems to be a nice guy who enjoys backpacking and photography.
My students are almost finished with the big tests we've been taking. Last night I thought there was NO way we'd get through by tomorrow, but now I just think there are a few people who won't be finished -- namely the 5 who were absent today!
Some of my other duties, as sponsor of the yearbook and coordinator of the new program, are weighing on my mind, but this testing business is just bigger than anything else right now. I can't see beyond Monday at 4:30 p.m. when all of it is due in Central Office. I will be FREE after that!
This afternoon I took George and his dad for a drive to the starting line and finish line of the race he will run on Saturday. It turns out that some of our good friends are also friends of their family. The man who inspired my son to be a pharmacist also worked closely with George's dad in their home country, and works with him now, too. It's a small world. George is so excited. I hope he will enjoy the experience along with the 1,500 other kids who are running 1.2 miles. Later the 23,000 adults who are participating in the 13.1 or 26.2 miles, including my honey-bunny, will be jostling for a place in the record books. We probably need to leave home about 5:30 a.m. to get there in time. It will be a "fun-packed" morning. It's supposed to start off in the 50's and get into the 70's.
I got my little once-a-month side job done this morning, had a "Grandma Hammond" at Taylor Made (my favorite coffee), sat through a big traffic jam, and still got to work on time. Guess I'd better get some sleep. Tomorrow is Friday: finish testing, load with carbs, and relax a little.

3 Comments:

  • Hello MB! Yeah - always fun to read your updated blog. Glad the wrist is coming along. Good 4 you! This George fellow, think I've got him figured out finally...at first I thought it was a pseudonym for your DB, but now I understand that he's a student of yours. Neat! (you'll have to tell me where from and the other interesting details.) And wondering what on earth is your once-a-month side job -- that you do early in the morning before school? Goodness, you're busy! =)
    Love, EE

    By Blogger Eileen, at 10:40 AM  

  • Yeah, George is from China. He's cool, and only 10 years old. The side job? We have been recording building permits for new houses and sending them to a company that hired us to do that about 15 years ago. They have people all over the country doing that. It's interesting and only takes a few minutes. The boys did it when they were home and had time. The office is only open from 7 a.m. to 4 p.m., so one of us has to go once a month.

    By Blogger Mrs B, at 5:12 AM  

  • time for a new post, mom!

    By Blogger scott, at 1:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home