In the Middle

Tuesday, May 09, 2006

new horizons

Very interesting. Someone who has been my mentor for the past ten years is retiring this year. I have leaned on her for knowledge and the answers to all kinds of questions in my teaching field. I knew she was close to it, but didn't guess that it would be so soon. My principal told me today as he was explaining what is going to happen to me this coming year. I am going to have 80 students this Fall! Now, some would say "That's way too many!" since they're all very needy and practically at risk. But I am SO thrilled! That is what I love to do, and I just can't wait!!
See, it means that he can't make me teach OTHER things either! And it guarantees me a position in the building without having to travel to other schools. It's very exciting.
Although, looking back through the years, when we had 50-60 kids, I had another person helping me. And the year we had our all-time high of 90, there were two of us, and it was only a 7th-8th grade school back then. Now we are 5th to 8th and there will be only little ole me.
Thank goodness I've always wanted to "change the world". Now, I just sit here and the world comes to me for their "tune-up". I'm just so excited! What a challenge, and right up my alley! I will need to back off from other commitments. Just focus. And breathe.
He also asked me to arrange for a good person to come and do some In-Service with our faculty. I can do that. My bud Janet should be willing. She's the best in town.
Well, that's the news. Gotta go cook some supper for the mighty runner. My new rose bush got a good soaking with the passing thunderstorms. Blue skies ahead!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home