In the Middle

Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Small Miracles

From frustrating leaks that soaked some of their packed boxes to ruined plans to attend a reunion, my folks' departure has been fraught with misery of one kind and another. Through it all, we've tried to make plans and adapt to changes. Today a providential miracle manifested itself in the arrangement for them to fly here while my nephew and sister drive their car! It has all happened so smoothly. I hope the actual day, this Friday, can go as well. Thank you, Lord, and thanks to all who have made this possible. It will save Dad from sitting more than 12 hours in a car, and give everyone peace of mind. Hopefully, our dear landlord will have all things done and in order before the arrival. He's been very patient with us, and will probably exact his fees as is his due. Now for final preparations: mowing, wiping counters, lining drawers, etc.
The only OTHER thing on my agenda is traveling eight hours round trip to be with my son (I'm in the Middle, you know) for a procedure tomorrow. We desperately need a small miracle there, too, dear Lord! Keep us all calm and the doctors and technicians steady and sure. May the test yield a positive result, and may we all grow from the stress of this time of dealing with his disability. We know that we must walk through valleys and go through trials. We'd never grow unless we do. It's hard to watch one's grown son suffer. I want his ease and happiness, but ultimately his spiritual development.
Like the miracle releasing my Dad from the long road journey, I seek a miracle to release my son from his oppression and pain. Each has his sterling qualities and sparkling personality, each his endearing nature, and each his special needs at this time. Grant each a "small" (when it's your family, is anything "small"?!?) miracle, Father.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home