In the Middle

Thursday, June 29, 2006

back home

OK. My "public" says I've been too wordy. Point taken. At least I've written since SOME people have (Cousin Andrew or Amy). Getting here today was a trick, but it all turned out well. Certain air transportation companies purport to care about one's well-being while expecting one to fly all over the country in order to get from point A to point B. I did them a favor today and simply rode one flight from A to B instead of the way it was sold to me: point A to B to C and finally to D.
I believe they should pay ME to take these shorter, more direct flights -- less fuel, less overhead, etc. I only ate one package of snack mix and had one cup of soft drink in stead of three of each. They only had to pay one pilot and co-pilot, one set of flight attendants instead of three! It was a time-saving, fuel-saving move, not to mention the tension and anxiety it relieved. And there were at least twelve empty seats on the flight for which I stood by. Nuf said.
It IS good to be where everyone knows your name. I definitely know how little orphan Annie felt when she walked into the mansion and they said "What do you want to do first?" and she said "The windows, I guess I'll start there!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home