In the Middle

Sunday, May 18, 2008

Nearly Done

Just 3 1/2 more days with students, then 1 1/2 of work, then I'm out for the summer!! I can't wait! I've got to turn in all the grades tomorrow, so I'm really supposed to be doing that right now...oh, well. I had fun chaperoning the 7th and 8th grade "Prom" last Friday night. The kids are so cute, just starting to realize that they look good in dresses and suits, just starting to look sideways at the opposite gender. The neat thing about the way people dance nowadays is that anyone can dance with anyone else, so no one gets embarrassed about being left out. Everyone was hopping. Several of us teachers even got into the act when the DJ put on some "oldies" like "R-E-S-P-E-C-T". We like that one.
It's fun to have Scott home these days, although I don't have much time to talk to him. He's busy buying a new house and doing things at church, and I'm busy finishing up the school year. He created a whole slide show for the Senior recognition banquet tonight. It's just really neat to have him around. Makes me miss Todd (more than I already did). Maybe he'll come in more.
They both gave me nice things for Mothers Day. David fixed lunch and I got to relax and visit with both of the boys AND with my Mom. That was so special for me!
Now we're getting ready for the big graduation ceremony in Memphis. This family is having lots of graduations this year! Three in May and one in August. And my brother-in-law in Texas graduated this month, too. Good times.
This time next week I won't have to hurry to bed, but for now, I do...

3 Comments:

  • Work, work, work. What are planning for your summer? Look forward to seeing you at the graduation!

    By Blogger Rose, at 3:37 PM  

  • I might come your way for a short visit... We're going hiking in PA in July.

    By Blogger Mrs B, at 6:51 PM  

  • congrats on being almost done!!!
    stacy

    By Blogger zach, at 9:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home