In the Middle

Monday, January 15, 2007

"We're off and runny" -- Gpa

So much is happening, can't sit down and tell you about all of it, so here's a brief recap. We went to California and my honey qualified for the big race in April in Beantown. Something he's ALWAYS wanted to do. I'm so proud of him. During that trip west, we visited several scenic points and left our hearts in a famous city, above the blue and windy sea. I do love driving around there just as the sun rises, watching the city wake up from Telegraph Hill. Such a great place!
Then came Christmas in the mountains with all the cousins, in-laws and outlaws. It was a beautiful cabin and most everyone had their own bedroom. It was a treat for me to have my folks and his folks all in one place, to watch the snow gently sifting down, to drink lots of decaf and watch movies together, to open handmade stockings (thank you, Aunt Rose!), and to catch up on news. We had a big time commemorating Gma's 76th birthday.
Back at home, there was Scott's 25th birthday (a quiet celebration at home) and New Years Eve (likewise). A few days of doing things around this tiny hamlet, and then it was back to the "rat race" in the big city.
Someone near and dear took a tumble, though, and ended up in the hospital with a broken pelvis. The genteel lady that she is, Gma is recovering in grand style, surrounded by Get Well cards, flowers, great food, and loving friends and family. It may take a while, but she is patient and faces the challenge with plenty of hope. We were able to spend a couple of days up there, helping out with chores and visiting.
Today was a welcome breath-catching time to clean and organize a closet and go through a lot of old photos. Also sang at a funeral, had a massage (one of my Christmas presents), and visited with my folks some more.
Thus, whether we think about it or not, another year has begun. I have a lot of hopes and dreams for this to be another great year personally, but it remains a frustrating one professionally. "Finding balance" is my theme. Being in the middle, that is a constant quest. No matter! Life is coming at us, so let's just run with it.

12 Comments:

  • hi Momma B
    Can I call you that?
    I hope so I love your blog and was special to read your entry..
    you need to update us on you life hehehe
    Blessings
    Laura

    By Blogger Laura, at 8:36 PM  

  • Dear Editor:
    Please renew my subscription to this fine publication. Apparently you haven't received my previous renewal request and payment. Even the checks I sent earlier have not been cashed. Okay, attached should be a check for $35 - I'm upping it from the previous $20 and then $25. Thank you for your consideration. Your publication provides special enlightenment and is read across the globe. Really!

    Sincerely, Dedicated Reader

    By Blogger Eileen, at 10:25 AM  

  • I was thinking of you tonight so I read your blog, again. It is reassuring that in a world so full of change, I can depend on your blog to stay the same.

    By Blogger Rose, at 8:00 PM  

  • Hey Rose, I'm with ya. You know, in this world were it's money-money-money, my check to renew subscription to this blog still hasn't been cashed. Isn't it nice to know that not everybody -- including our dear MB -- is thinking about hard, cold cash. =)

    Hey Rose, by the way, since it's just the two of us here, did you hear about MB and DB going to Chicago for that marathon? Pretty neat huh!? Think you'll be doing a marathon anytime soon? =)
    EE (http://russiawithlove.blogspot.com)

    By Blogger Eileen, at 8:38 PM  

  • Hello Eileen,
    Read Melissa Blog , again, and saw your note. How are you? I am so glad David survived the Chicago Marathon, wow, that was terrible. I will never run a marathon, but I will keep reading this blog over and over and over til the bitter end. I will not give up on Melissa. She CAN write another entry, I know she can

    By Blogger Rose, at 8:25 PM  

  • Gpa is getting tired of being off and runny..

    By Blogger gmaburka, at 4:17 AM  

  • Hey Rose, Hey Gma Burka - this is great, just the three of us here in this blog. It's a nice, cozy place to meet and MB will Never Ever catch us here...because, you know, she's such a bizy bee.

    Well hey, last Thanksgiving MB listed what she is thankful for. See, it's right there almost at the top of her blog. So...maybe we could think about what We are thankful for...about MB. Let's see, where to start...? You first, I have to start thinking about this... (actually, it would be a long list!) EE

    By Blogger Eileen, at 12:14 PM  

  • Melissa
    Just read your blog. Again. Sounds like you had a very exciting year. You gave a great description of San Francisco, it makes me want to visit. An update on Gma, she has recovered nicely. That is encouraging since the fall was only elevan months ago. Gpa has also recovered from his "off and Runny" disorder. He is in prime fire building mode.
    Well just wanted to check in and read your blog , again. It is so inspiring. Makes me want to get back to writing on my blog.
    Rose

    By Blogger Rose, at 1:21 PM  

  • Today I was crusing through the Blogger world and came across this site. This Blog is AWESOME! So much action, drama, intrigue, weeping, nashing, biting of nails....almost too much for me,,CAN'T TAKE IT, MUST MOVE ON, MUST....AHAHAHAHAHA I AM OFF AND I AM RUNNY!!!!!!

    By Blogger Rose, at 2:18 PM  

  • What does it mean tha gpa is off ? and runny?

    By Blogger gmaburka, at 4:06 AM  

  • Hey there Melissa! How's it going? Just think - a couple more weeks and this blog will become a CLASSIC. Yes, it will have been untouched by its author for an entire year. She's been busy you know. She's been *Off and Runny* with gpa. That's okay...happens to the best of us! Love you Melissa! =)

    Hello Rose and gmaburka! It's always nice running into YOU here! EE

    By Blogger Eileen, at 9:25 PM  

  • Melissa is truly a classy lady with a classic blog. There is so much going on in her life, it is nice to know that her blog stays consistant. When the time comes, she will return. I believe.
    Hi eileen!
    Rose

    By Blogger Rose, at 9:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home